Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 Part I

Sometime during this part of the adventure we take mountain mama's trash to the "dump". The dump is really just 5 or 6 big huge garbage dumpsters. We also get to do this with mom as well. It is a different way of doing things and in actuality, I think it is very efficient.

We have eggs sausage and muffins for breakfast. Dad takes the 14 year old nephew off to do some river/salmon fishing. We are going to take a trip up to see mountain mama and then take the little ones to a planted pond for some "fishing".

We have a blast in the back of the truck making up songs and being silly. We stop off and get the youngest child of mountain mama to come with us for some fishing fun! When we get to the pond, the children have a blast catching fish. The 12 year old nephew makes the first and last catch of the day while we are there. The little ones are so excited but when the 5 year old catches a fish and it comes out of the water, she drops the pole and runs away screaming. It was too funny!!!! We take lots of pictures. We are all there for about an hour. It was fun!

I let Skinny Sister take the back of the truck with the kiddos on the journey back and I take her seat in the cab with mom. My rear end is not young anymore!

We stop at a running creek along the way and clean the fish. I slice and pull out the entrails, skinny sister finishes the job and rinses the fish in the creek water. I don't realize until it is too late that I have fish stuff all over my shirt and tennis shoes. Guess this shirt is a yardening shirt now. That is fine because every time I wear it, it will remind me of our trip.

We talk all the way back to the house. It is a bit of a drive but it is beautiful scenery and I love it. We hang around and wait for the guys to get back. They have caught a trout and they did catch a salmon but it was not a keeper due to regulations so they had to throw it back. BUMMER!!!!

At least everyone had a great time. 14 year old even got to drive the stick truck with his grandpa.

Skinny Sister fries up the fish for us (Thank you by the way). They are perfectly done. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YUMMMY!

Dad takes me out to the smoker and I taste some of his smoked fish. He sends us some to take on the trip as well. I ask for the family secret recipe but the stinker said I have to have a smoker and some salmon to smoke before he will give it to me. We will see. I actually have plans to get a smoker so it may not be as long as he thinks :-)

Around 4 in the afternoon we load the van, say our good byes. Hugs, kisses, hugs all the way around.

Back on the road to see Great Grandma for the kids, Grandma for skinny sister and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment