Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Taking Dinner In-An Adventure

We have a sister in our ward that is very sick with bronchitis. I received the opportunity to take a meal in to her. I called her and she could hardly talk for coughing. I decided chicken noodle soup and some rolls. So in the morning I took some rolls out of the freezer to defrost. At lunch I went to the grocery store and bought some chunky chicken noodle soup and a container that doesn't need to be returned. When I got home from work, I heated the soup, grabbed the rolls and a few homemade cookies. I had been given the apartment number 101 by the sister that asked me to take the dinner. I had called the sister and told her I was on my way. She told me her door was unlocked and to come on in. I finally found apartment 101 and started to walk in. A barking dog met me at the door. Then a man and his wife jumped up from the sofa. I thought "I am so glad her children have come to help her". The man did not look like he was expecting anyone and the woman looked a little frightened. I asked them if the sister lived there. They said no. I was so embarrassed. I told them I had been given the wrong apartment number to take a dinner to someone who is sick. HOW EMBARRASSING. They were so nice, they said not to worry about it. I traipsed back to my car. Called the sister and found out that she is in apartment number 104!!!!!! I then found my way back to number 104, found the sister and gave her the dinner. She was very excited about the cookies. It made her smile. I sat and visited for about 15 minutes. It was enjoyable, I know she appreciated it and I gave another family something to talk about for years to come.

ALWAYS AN ADVENTURE!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, but that is so funny to me that you walked into someone else's house. I'm sure they will be talking about it for years to come and that that is why they now lock their door when they are home. :o)

    ReplyDelete