Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The girls and I wake up and the boys are already awake. We "quietly" make the beds and go downstairs. Little sister is in bed with a bad headache. We all grab a bowl of cereal, eat, and start getting ready for church.

Luckily church begins at 11 a.m. in their ward. Little sister gets up, gets ready for church, finishes getting the children ready and we are off. I hope little sister is feeling better. She seems okay so that is good.

It is always a treat to attend the ward with my sister and her children.

After church it is back home. The van is parked in the garage. There is only one way around the van from my side. Walk to the back and around. When I get to the end of the van, there is a spider hanging from the garage door right in my face. I actually got quite scared of the stupid spider. This is not normal for me but I think I have a greater fear of these creatures after the swelling in my leg that lasted for over a week. I do not know what bit me but my guess is it was a spider. So I freak out until Little Sister gets a broom to get the spider down and steps on it. Spider adventure to the fullest and I am saved. Yea! No more spider. We all make it into the house alive and unbitten.

We have lunch and play a board game and read some books and talk. Later in the afternoon, I am painting the girls' toe and finger nails and putting stickers on them. It was so much fun!

We make a birthday card for my mother's birthday. We will have all of her girls sign it as a special birthday present. It has been a long time since she received a card with all of her girls' signatures.

I leave a special card and bookmark on my sister's bed. One of the girls will have a birthday while I am out of town and I want her to have this special gift on her special day!

The afternoon delight is broken when we hear the dad of the house come home. I can tell he is mad and the baby is crying. Apparently the 2 year old walked outside with a sibling and burned his feet on the hot sidewalk. They were waiting for dad to come in the house. I wish I had noticed the little one go outside to have prevented the pain. Dad soaks his feet in cold water and then mom cuddles and soothes. I am glad his little feet are going to be okay.

A little more talking and then my 17 year old niece picks me up for the next leg of the journey.

I go to skinny sister's home for dinner. Jenn is there. It is nice to meet her. We have only ever met on the phone, emailing, and blogging. After dinner, we play some games.

I call my sweetheart to let him know he is always forefront in my mind.

Time for bed. I have an air mattress in the room with the 3 and 5 year old. We get along really well and although I don't know what that says for my mental status. It is quite a treat. They make me feel young and youthful! The air mattress looks very inviting. It is a twin size and is one that is about 2 feet tall. I will have to give a report tomorrow. For now it is time for ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

No comments:

Post a Comment