Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday, July 15, 2010

We go down and eat breakfast in the hotel. Again, very very YUMMY!!!

Pack up the van and we are on our way back HOME......

The trip was long and you could tell we were all ready to be back in a more normal atmosphere. Everyone was good just a little bit grumpy. We made the usual potty stops and this time we stopped in Riggins for a lunch break. We parked in the LDS church parking lot and used the picnic benches there. We saw a deer up on the hillside.

After lunch we went to a gas station. Before we left Elk City, Skinny Sister and I had talked about checking the radiator fluid but we both forgot. The needle was still on cool so we didn't worry about it. In Riggins, Skinny Sister decided to check the fluid. BONE DRY!!!!! So she bought some fluid we put it in the van. Then we said a prayer of THANK YOU to our HEAVENLY FATHER for watching out for us and keeping us safe. It is only by DIVINE help that we went down the major pass and did not have an overheated van!!!

Back on the road. We stop in a place that sells rocks, geodes, gems, etc. This is a little shop inside of a little old lady's home. She has the store section and the rest is her home. No Bathroom Facilities for people buying stuff. I totally can understand this. HOWEVER, one of the little ones had to go potty really bad. Skinny Sister took her outside and I didn't think much of it. Then all of a sudden, I am in really bad shape. GOTTA GO NOW!!! RIGHT NOW!!! Skinny Sister drove me and we hauled it 1/2 mile back the way we came. I barely made it. Skinny Sister was a gem for doing that for me. She also threw away the results of the little one having to go outside. Apparently it was number 2 and not just number 1. ooh yuck! So all of the gastro intestinal items taken care of we go back to the rock place. We all get a few items.

Back on the road.

About 1/2 to 1 hour from home. One of the medium boys has to go #1. We finally just move EVERYTHING especially pillows out of the way and he gets to GO in a Gatorade bottle. Kind of funny!!! Everything worked out okay.

HOME!!!! If we were on a ship or airplane I would get down and kiss the ground!!! We make dinner. I think this was the night that skinny sister makes steak and she and I get some stuffed mushrooms to go with it. YUMMY!

I call my sweetheart and let him know that we are back. It is a short call. We are all very tired and just want a chance to relax for a while.

We all settle the little ones to bed and us older folks start to watch a movie.

Little Sister calls. She is grumpy because we didn't call. All I can say is I am so sorry. We are exhausted and we really didn't think about it. Didn't mean to hurt any feelings. HONEST!

After the movie we all go to bed. I am grateful for the air mattress. It is comfortable and soothes my aching back and sciatic nerve. They are both YELLING at me pretty loudly by this time. The mattress conforms to my body like a hammock. VERY NICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment