Monday, July 26, 2010

Families, Husband, Friend, ETERNAL COMPANION

"From the beginning Relief Society has had a charge to strengthen families and homes. The Prophet Joseph taught sisters at an early Relief Society meeting, “When you go home, never give a cross or unkind word to your husbands, but let kindness, charity and love crown your works henceforward.”
In 1914 President Joseph F. Smith told Relief Society sisters, “Wherever there is ignorance or at least a lack of understanding in regard to the family, … there this organization exists or is near at hand, and by the natural endowments and inspiration that belongs to the organization they are prepared and ready to impart instruction with reference to those important duties.”"

I loved the Visiting Teaching lesson in July. It gave me a lot to ponder regarding my duties as a wife and mother. I am grateful for the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. They help me be a better person and make the home a sacred and special place to be. I am grateful that I have a husband that guides and directs me and keeps me grounded and my life balanced (when I listen to him and act on his council). I would do anything for him as I know he will do anything for me.

It is wonderful when the man you married is the one person on earth you want to spend every single moment with. He is my BEST friend............

In a Sunday school lesson we were asked to list the attributes of a friend. I immediately thought of my sweetheart and listed the things I love best about him. The one that touched the woman sitting next to me was "when we are sitting together and it is silent and no words are spoken, I can feel the love between us and nothing really needs to be said." Something to that effect anyway.

He lets me be me and I let him be him and it is a wonderful mixture that we are hoping to blend into ETERNITY!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. I hope one day it will be for eternity! I would love to be there for you. I feel the same way about my soul mate!

    ReplyDelete