Monday, July 26, 2010

Saturday July 10, 2010 continued

Hugs all around when I get to the car. Little sis had been driving in circles around the airport to get us. The little one does not recognize me. Sad but okay. I will have lots of time to get reacquainted with him. First order of business. STARVING.... Off we go to Sonic. It was on my to do list in Boise. A junior cheeseburger, onion rings, tater tots and a couple of fruit smoothies are ordered. There is much discussion (as we wait for food) about the people on roller skates zooming in and out delivering food. I am much amazed and in awe at their abilities. Yummy food arrives and we share it as we drive to skinny sister's home to see her children. BRAIN FREEZE!!! the fruit smoothies are sooooooooooooooooo cold. I haven't had a brain freeze since I was a kid. Tip that skinny sis passes on and it works really well is to push your tongue on the roof of your mouth. WORKS!!!!

Arrive at skinny sister's home. Get to see everyone and hold the rat! Big step for me to hold it and let it climb all over my neck and shoulders. Rats are actually in the creepy critter for pet category for me. Then I get to hold some little kittens. Too cute!

Brief visit over and it is off to little sister's home. We arrive and all of my nieces and nephews seem very happy to see me. The evening is quite a blur of activity. Reading to little ones, playing of board games, and talking. Preparing and eating dinner.

Then the 3 sisters get together to chat. Lovely evening. Arrive back to little sister's home after 10 sometime.

Bedtime. I get the lower bunk on the girls bunkbed. Only bad sides to sleeping on a bunk bed. 1)I am way too tall and 2) every time top bunk girl moves it jiggles the lower bunk just enough for this California babe to feel like an earthquake is occurring. Sleep, not so much! Next time I will opt for the mattress on the floor.

I do think it was very sweet of the girls to be so considerate to give their Aunt Nee the bed. Their room is very cute and girlie and it was a lot of fun! Tommorrow the adventure continues.......

No comments:

Post a Comment