Friday, July 30, 2010

Monday, July 20, 2010 HOMEWARD BOUND

6 a.m. up and at 'em. I get ready for the plane trip and try not to wake the whole household. 14 year old is going to drive Skinny Sister and me to the airport.

Eat a quick breakfast and off we go. We get to the airport and get my bag checked and ticket in hand. We talk a little just before I have to get in line for the security. HUGS and more HUGS!! I will miss everyone here in Idaho but I am soooooooooooooooooooo glad to be headed HOME.

The plane trips are pretty uneventful. There are stories but I am too tired for the telling of them. The gist of it is that I make it back home. I sleep most of the way home. My body and mind are EXHAUSTED!

I get off the plane in San Diego, call my shuttle, and get my car! Driving home. Pass the temple. Should have planned a stopover there. NEXT time.

I am starving so I stop to get a bite to eat. I head on home and my sweetheart and I are VERY glad to see each other. I suggest that I might need to take tomorrow off from work. He agrees. I call work and make the arrangement.

I fall asleep at 9 p.m. and sleep hard and sound. No movement from me for at least 5 or 6 hours. I am a log!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wake up on Tuesday morning and watch my sweetheart leave for work. I take it easy today being quiet and restful. I unpack and just watch some television and rest rest rest.

I AM HOME! "There's no place like home" Dorothy has it right!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like you had a good trip i haven't had time to read your other stuff but ya there is nothing like home!

    ReplyDelete