Friday, July 30, 2010

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday morning! Church starts at 9 a.m. in this ward. We get to church a little early and it is nice to sit quietly listening to the prelude music. I get a chance to read some of my Relief Society manual. It is very nice. The speakers are the temple president and his wife from the Idaho Falls Temple. That is where my family was sealed and it was very special. The Young Women (including my 17 year old niece) sing a beautiful song on virtue. It makes me cry. It was a very special moment. 2 of my nephews help with the priesthood duties. It makes an aunt very proud to see this. I go to Primary with Skinny Sister. I love music time and then my 5 year old niece gives a talk in primary. A great day to attend this ward! Skinny Sister gives a great lesson and handles the children in her class wonderfully.

After church we head home and have a lunch and then we make some brownies and cookies and take some over to Little Sister. We get there just before they get home from church. We help make her and the kids some lunch as she is not feeling well today. We stay and chat for over 3 hours and then head back to Skinny Sister's house. Little Sister and family will be coming over for a family dinner :-)

We have the family dinner and it goes really well. It was so comfortable to have the women folk cutting fruits and preparing everything. It was fun!

The tarantula is molting and creates the excitement for the afternoon. We watch it and when it is all over, 14 year old brings down the molted exoskeleton for us to touch and see and gross out and be fascinated over. I am glad I get to touch this as I am not brave enough to hold the real thing. It is very soft.

Little Sister and family pack it up and head for home. Hugs are served all around.

I call my sweetheart and we are both excited that I will be homeward bound tomorrow morning.

I pack my suitcase and get all things ready for my early morning rising.

We have family prayer and the children go off to bed.

We watch a movie and then it is lights out for us as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment