Monday, May 31, 2010

Accomplishments


























Given the correct tools, we can accomplish correct things.

I LOVE MY NEW LAWN MOWER. I absolutely love it. I mowed the lawn on Saturday and enjoyed every second of it. I actually mowed longer than necessary just to keep doing it :-)

Then I LOVE MY KITCHENAID mixer. I made homemade stromboli on Saturday for dinner. Can anyone say YUMMY in my TUMMY! It was such a big batch of dough I made two strombolis so we had one for dinner on Saturday and the second one for lunch on Memorial Day!

I also tried my hand at cinnamon bread today. Still learning on the bread front. I am not very good at it but at least it looked like an actual loaf this time. :-)

I LOVE MY WASHER AND DRYER. For some reason I have been very reflective of my ancestors this weekend. I was doing laundry and I just had to think that I bet my ancestors are both jealous and grateful that I have such beautiful machines to make that chore so much easier than they had it. I mean, how long would it take to do laundry by pounding the clothes on a rock, wringing them by hand and then hanging them to dry. Okay, I actually wish I had a clothes line to hang them outside, but 1) against HOA rules (why I don't know), and 2) not really enough room to do this properly in my yard. So for now I will just be extra grateful for my big dryer.

I LOVE MY YARDEN. So I got the two trellises that we got put together. I had a brainiac moment and I screwed them together. I have tried nailing them before and the hammer literally just bounces off of the wood. I needed the two on top of each other to make it tall enough. I first drilled a hole through the wood and then put screws in to hold them together. It is actually quite magical in my opinion. So now the grape vine is on a trellis. Still keeping my fingers crossed. Although the planting instructions said to put mulch on top of the dirt and my new lawn mower catches the clippings in a bag so the mulch was right at my fingertips. So the grape vine is also mulched. AWESOME!
Beanlings are coming along fine now that the pesky little snails and slugs are not bothering them any more. We planted an Early Girl tomatoe plant. The tomatoes are plentiful but very very small. Just a bit bigger than cherry. A little bit disappointing but live, try, and learn. The cilantro is doing well as is the basil and our little pepperlings. The orange tree is still loaded with little babies. Some are still as small as my little fingernail and some are now as big as my ring finger nail. So they are growing!!! New life outside is so exciting.

We are thinking about getting a pressure canner this fall. I am looking forward to canning some veggies. I will be blanching and freezing until we get enough for a canning batch. I am also looking forward to buying bulk pizza and spaghetti sauce from the store and canning it in smaller two people portions as well.

Always something new and interesting on the home front.

Domestically this weekend, I took down Spring (Easter, I just love my Easter stuff so I keep it up as long as I can) decorations and put up the Patriotic and Summer decorations. These will now last through September with one change in August. I will take down my fake rununculus and put up my fake sunflowers. Love to decorate and I love that my sweetheart puts up with it and takes down boxes and puts up boxes for me.

Then I actually was able to do a bib and burp cloth edging with crochet. I am so far behind on this project. I am already two babies behind in the ward with a new one due in 1 month. So after this set, I am now one baby behind and one on the way.

I am just feeling very blessed and thankful for everything and everyone today :-)

1 comment:

  1. Just a tip on the pressure canner - do not get the one with the gauge. Get the kind with the weights - much easier!!! Your yarden is so exciting, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete