Saturday, June 5, 2010

SNAILS and SLUGS

Okay so some of the snails are making it across my copper tape. This is not very nice. So now I am collecting each evening, all of the snails I can find and putting them in the yard waste bin with the lid on tight so that they cannot escape. I am finding a plethora of slugs this year too! YUCK!! What is going on? I don't like these critters. At least the snails each have different patterns on their shells and there is a weird beauty to them and their feathery looking undersides. I just don't like that they eat my stuff! Cilantro, almost all gone. At least the beanlings are still around and the new ones in the six packs are starting to sprout.

Any ideas.....I may need to resort to buying the cannibal snails at the garden center. These creeping snails actually eat other snails but not veggies. Too weird and that would be my last resort. Because, where are they during the day. That is just icky!

1 comment:

  1. Gross. Any way to make the copper tape wider? Maybe double the height of the tape? I don't like slugs!! I wonder if that is what is eating the leaves on my beans.

    ReplyDelete