Thursday, June 24, 2010

Blessed Temple

This week has been full of temple blessings. I so appreciate that the temple is less than an hour's drive from home. I had an initiatory assignment on Tuesday and our ward endowment session was on Wednesday. How great to do those two assignments in succession like that. Oh the promised blessings. I just need to do my part and live worthy and keep my covenants. I will strive to do better at all of that. I am so thankful for our ward temple night car pool. The 3 other sisters that I ride with are all so very different and yet the love I feel for them is overwhelming at times. We are all going through our different struggles, health, divorce, wayward children, never being married, etc. So even though our trials are so very different, it is a comfort to know that the gospel of Jesus Christ helps each of us. The atonement is applied to each of us. We can support and sustain each other in friendship and sisterhood. We were talking with some of the other sisters at the temple and a story was related. As a different carpool was heading out to come to the temple, a sister called her visiting teacher in the carpool. She felt like she needed to go directly to urgent care. As the sister volunteered the driver of the carpool to this task without even thinking about it. Of course the decision was made to take her. She called back shortly and said the moment had passed and she wouldn't need to go after all. She was so thankful that the sisters would drop everthing, even a temple trip, to help her. We all decided this is exactly what Relief Society is all about.

1 comment:

  1. That is so neat. Thank you for sharing and I'm glad the sister didn't need to go to the Urgent Care after all.

    ReplyDelete