Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tired and Sick

So a flu/cold bug has flown in and settled into our home. We are not feeling our best. I took a day off of work, left early a few times. I did make it to book club and now rue the decision. I hope it did not cause illness for any of the other participants. I stayed home from church on Sunday do to the urgings of mother in law, husband, and friend. I journeyed to Middle Earth and enjoyed the journey once again while crocheting edgings on baby bibs and burp cloths. I did read my Sunday school and Relief Society lessons. Right now the engergies are focused on showering, eating, working, and resting. I will not go to the Relief Society Meeting this Wednesday. I am learning that I need to recover before I have left over to give. I am trying to learn that this is not selfish but the opposite is true. If I selfishly go in the desire to serve I may actually do more harm than good by giving my illness to others. I do not think they want me to share that with them.

So in the meantime, my sweetheart and I are going to heal and get better and rest and relax. Do what is necessary and let the rest wait until our strength is renewed. This too shall pass. I must remember that I usually only get these really bad things when I have allowed myself to do too much too fast. It is a good reminder to slow down and take things slow and steady. The scriptures admonish as much and I need to follow this prophetic council regardless of the church peer pressure to do otherwise.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you are feeling so sick! I know that the flu bug going around has been a bad one, and takes a while to recover from fully! You are both in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry you guys are sick i wish you well and good health. Yes i agree you need to stay and rest and so others don't get sick. I know it is hard to have to miss those great things when you are sick, no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear that you guys don't feel good. You are such a wonderful example to me and I hate the idea that you are not your best. You do so much good for everyone around you. I'm glad that you heeded the advise of your husband and others that care about you! Everything will still be waiting for your blessings and sunshine when you return. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope by now you are feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete