Saturday, August 28, 2010

Iaomai Medical Ministries

Our Relief Society was instructed the other day that we cannot officially use Iaomai Medical Ministries as an official humanitarian project. I understand the reasons and the Bishop agrees that I can use it as a personal good works project. Because they cannot be confirmed as legitimate (they don't have enough years of tax filings to do this), the church cannot accept them for a RS project. The Stake President says that other wards have been involved in projects only to find out a few years later that the organization was not on the up and up.

That is so sad to me that people use humanitarian projects to use and take advantage of good people. I personally know that Iaomai is good and I will continue to do what I can for them. I will just have to be patient a few more years and then they will have the report on the website that filters these organizations if they are good and bad. Then I can present it again to the Bishop and Stake President for official church approval.

I guess that is why the scriptures tell us to not be instructed in all things but to do many good things on our own.

1 comment:

  1. We studied that scripture just last night for FHE. We are going to memorize it as a family. I love that the Lord wants us to search out on our own good things to do and be a part of and not have to be told exactly what to do all the time. Keep me posted on what they are doing and what you are doing. I think it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete