Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Being an Adult VERSUS Being a Grown Up

I consider myself an Adult. I pay my bills on time, I try to stay out of debt, I work to provide for my family, I meet my obligations of time, money, etc.

However, I refuse to be a grown up. Grown Ups are very boring people. You have to conform to all kinds of weird inane rules when you are a grown up. So I refuse to be A GROWN UP. I will wear my hair in little girl styles, I will wear my butterfly EVERYTHING and my piglet earrings. I will dance and play whenever the joy of it enters my heart. I will find pictures in clouds (saw a huge very detailed dragon in the clouds the other day. With full face detail and claws and wings. AWESOME!). I will love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and ice cream sandwiches with equal abandon. I will enjoy playing with earthworms, inch worms and other non creepy worms. I will stop and smell my orange blossoms and have fun watching butterflies, flying hawks, and hummingbirds with equal enthusiasm. I will enjoy naptime and bedtime and bedtime stories.

I LOVE BEING A NON GROWN UP. I think we need more ADULTS that are NON GROWN UPS in the world......

2 comments:

  1. I absoluely love the passion with which you wrote that. I need to go to bed but just can't wait to read more of what you have written. You really should write a book and I'd love it if it were about little kid - non grown up things.

    ReplyDelete