Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bad Weekend, depressed, and grumpy then Beautiful Hymn Breakthrough

Bad weekend. I won't bore anyone with the lousy self pittying details. People problems, house problems, tired, grumpy, pain, etc. Bad Weekend. Turned into a bad Monday. So last night I got to talk to a great girlfriend and she helped cheer me up. I took two Aleve for the pain and went to bed.

This morning I woke up with a tune in my head and the words "And the Lord will lead thee by the hand". I just kept repeating that over and over. I could tell it was a hymn and then the title came to me "Be thou Humble".

What a blessing the hymns are to us. I felt the love of my Heavenly Father for me through the words of that hymn.

Then in the car on the way to work, I was listening to my Book of Mormon CD and it was 2nd Nephi chapter 31. What a powerful message for each of us. ENDURE TO THE END. We all just need to keep trying our hardest to do our best.

Here is to a new beautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to talk to someone that helped cheer you up!! I'm also glad that you were awakened knowing that your Heavenly Father loves you. No matter what, where or when, He does.

    ReplyDelete