Friday, March 12, 2010

Down a few

Weighed today and "drum roll please" I am now officially 294.2. A total weight loss since January 4 of 18.8 pounds. I am going in the right directin. My next mini goal is 290 and my next milestone goal is 280 (exactly 100 pounds to lose).

Some days are hard and sometimes I don't "feel" like walking. Once I get out the door is another story. Then I don't want to come back in :-) Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do 'cause it is the right thing to do.

I know the Lord is with me on this journey. He is guiding my hand and sending gentle reminders along the way. He has even awaken me right at 7 a.m. so that I can get up and have my scripture time. I am so blessed!!

There are times when I "feel" hungry even when i just ate one cup of raw carrots. Fiber is supposed to make you full longer!!! Then I just ask that I can make it for 15 minutes. Eventually the hunger subsides and I can focus on other more important issues of the moment.

I often think about my brothers and sisters in desolate areas of the world that would think my cup of carrots is a queen's feast and I am humbled once again at the bounty that is mine. I do not go to bed hungry or unsatisfied. My cup runneth over in fact. These thoughts help keep me on a better course.

My sweetheart is on this ride with me. He is so patient and kind. He is so understanding when I become the calorie queen. Buys my favorite food to aid me on this journey. THANK YOU MY SWEETHEART!! Hope he heard that in his heart. He probably doesn't look at my blog.

So this journey is more than just losing weight. I am finding spiritual and physical strength along the way. The scenery is beautiful and I am looking forward to more adventures along the way!

1 comment:

  1. You are such an inspiration!! Thank you so much for sharing your feelings and personal experiences here for us to learn from. You have always been and always will be such a great example of goodness to me!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete