Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Journey with Jesus

JOURNEY WITH JESUS

“And the angel said unto them, fear not for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.” Luke 2:10-11

Here is a special journey we can all take with our scriptures and journals to help us get closer to Jesus during this Christmas season. We need to remember that the way He lived His life, Atoned in Gethsemane, Died on the cross, and Rose again on the 3rd day is why we celebrate His Birth. Enjoy the journey.

How do I see myself as a daughter of God, and a sister to my Savior, Jesus Christ? How do I fit into the plan? D&C 18:10, Luke 15:4-10, Alma 42:14-15

Do I let my light shine? 1 Nephi 16:18-24, Matthew 5:16, 3 Nephi 11:10-15

Do I serve my fellow brothers and sisters? Mosiah 2:17, Mosiah 23:10, Alma 26:3, 2 Nephi 3:24

What is the pure love of Christ? 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, Alma 5:26, 33-34, Moroni 7:45-48

I hope you continue to enjoy your journey with Jesus every single day. I just want you dear sisters to know that I love each and every one of you and hope you find joy and peace during this Christmas season.

Renee Stuckrad
Vista 5th Ward Relief Society Presidency
1st Counselor

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this. I will take the time to look these scriptures up and write my personal feelings about them. Thank you for the references. Right now I am preparing to go to my Mom in laws house and work on geneology. I am sooo excited!!

    ReplyDelete