Friday, February 19, 2010

Would have missed it

Today, I did not feel like walking at lunch. I was trying to come up with any excuse. It is overcast. I am tired. It is Friday. Blah Blah Blah. Then I told myself that I just needed to get out the front door. That is usually the hardest part. So out the front door I went and Wow! I am so glad I went for my walk. If I had not gone out here is what I would have missed:

Running into another person that walks at lunch and has lost a lot of weight. ( I don't even know her name. She works in another building around here. But she inspires me!)
A blue jay
A Frog croaking (I love to hear frogs croaking)
The smell of fresh mown grass
The sense of accomplishment
The coolness of the day on my cheeks
The sounds of birds chirping
Being outside for 1/2 hour out of my day

So here is to doing the right thing and being blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!! I love when you point out the positive of what you may have missed. Thank you for bringing that back to my awareness!

    ReplyDelete