Sunday, September 20, 2009

Week of Rest

I have really not been well last week so I did not accompish too much. I did attend book club and we watched the movie "A tale of two cities". It was a great movie. Long but oh so good. I recommend it for anyone who wants to put perspective in their lives and to see a beautiful love story. It also makes me glad for the court system we have. It may not be perfect but it is better than a lot of other things.

Then this last week we had our Enrichment evening. We had a getting to know you game that was unique and a lot of fun. Then we all had to write an anonymous thing about ourselves on a piece of paper. Then everyone picked one from the bowl and read it and we had to try to figure out who it was. It was so fun and we really learned a lot from each other. It was a dessert potluck and then in the meantime the RS presidency was doing the visiting teaching interviews. It was quite the success but I was really glad to come home and go to bed.

This weekend was Stake Conference and we had the grand opportunity to have Elder Cordoba from the 70s. It was a spiritual feast. The focus was on family. He stressed to us the importance of family prayer, FHE, wholesome family activities, and family gospel study. He also talked about how we need to find balance for family, work, church callings, and ourselves. It was great.

I got to talk to two of my beautiful sisters this weekend and it was a joy in my life. I am now going to log off and work on some other things but wanted to let you all know I am hanging in there and getting better each day.

Have a great week upcoming. It is sure to be awesome!

2 comments:

  1. I was fun chatting with you and Liz! I think your enrichment activity sounds like a ton of fun, what a great way to get the sisters to come to the visiting teaching interviews!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are feeling better!!! Sometimes I think you are busier than I am. Wow, your movie night sounds good. I have never watched that movie or read the book. Maybe I will sometime. Enrichment sounds like a wonderful way to get to know each other. I like that idea. What did you write about yourself? Love you.

    ReplyDelete