Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hummingbirds

On my walk at lunch today I got to the end of the path where I turn around to go back to work and what did I see but 3 hummingbirds chasing each other. Then they split up and I just stood there and watched one of the hummingbirds for a few moments. It made my day and made me smile.

Hummingbirds are very special to me. One day I was really depressed. I had been feeling depressed for several weeks and I was feeling really bad about myself. I went outside to work in the yarden and a hummingbird came and hovered about 1 foot in front of my face. It hovered for several seconds. They usually don't get that close.

I really felt like it was an answer from Heavenly Father that He knows who I am and that it is all okay. I am okay and I am one of His daughters. He knows who I am!

So now every time I see a hummingbird, it is a gentle reminder that Heavenly Father loves me.

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! I think Humming birds are so delicate and it reminds me of Heavenly Father too and just look what he can do! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted you to know how much I appreciate reading your blog. It is always uplifting and happy. I feel the love and it makes me feel good to read your blog. Thanks for sharing the "good" stuff from your life!!

    ReplyDelete