Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hot and Steamy

Still hot and muggy. 77 degrees today but with 75% humidity. It is yucky! Anyway for FHE the beans were 1/2 of the harvest. There are more growing and more flowers so I am hopeful for a few more harvests. It is fun to watch our freezer section with beans in it.

I have the Relief Society presidency message/lesson tomorrow and it is going to be a three way tie in of self-reliance, service to others, and relief society. I hope the Spirit will help me to put all of things from my heart and mind into verbal words.

The company picnic was a lot of fun. I participated in the water balloon toss and my sweetheart works at the park we held the picnic at. So when his shift was over he came down to our picnic and shared it with us. Quite the treat. We had snow cones and popcorn and it was just downright fun!

The cat next door keeps torturing and taunting mini moo so I made some scare cats outside. I took some wire fencing stuff that was here when we moved in. I had saved it and I put some soda cans on it with yarn and when she attacked mini moo it made a horrible sound and scared her away. She hasn't been back but I am keeping it up for a while to make sure. I don't like it when people don't follow the rules. We are not supposed to have outdoor cats in this assocation. Oh well, I hope this will work.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Mini Moo! At least she has an owner like you that will look out for her! I am sure your lesson went great! I always feel nervous the week before I give my lesson, and relief when it is over!! I am glad your Hubby got to come for part of your picnic, it sounds like it was fun. And sorry for the yucky weather! My allergies are going crazy and it has been 40% humidity here off and on all week. Way to humid for me! It just feels muggy even when temperature wise it isn't that hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are keeping busy. I love the scare cat idea. I hope it works out. What a mean cat!! Is Mini Moo okay? I hope your lesson went well. I always wonder how mine go, but they keep coming back, so... Thank you for sharing your weekend with us!! Keep me posted on the weather so we know what to pack when we come next month. We are getting so excited and the kids (Brinley especially) got really excited when we were telling them our tentative plan and we mentioned going to your house on Tuesday evening and having dinner.

    ReplyDelete