Thursday, January 7, 2010

Beautiful Nature

I was walking with my friend at lunch yesterday and we were complaining to each other about some work related issues. All of a sudden she stopped and looked up and said WOW!!! I stopped and was just in time to see the egret that lives near our work take flight. It was so beautiful and we have never seen it fly before. I have to remind myself to let the worldly cares go and enjoy the beautiful nature and Heavenly Father's creations when I am on a break! I might have missed this and the miracle of nature if my friend hadn't noticed, simply because I was in a negative place in my heart. Good lesson I hope I learned.

3 comments:

  1. That is so true, all we have to do is look around and open ourselves to the beauty that the Lord has given us and let it give us hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How weird! My word verification on the last comment was roses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. Sometimes I am so fucussed on what isn't going right that I don't take notice of what is. We all have so much to be thankful for and it would help us greatly to focus on that instead of what we don't like. However, we still need to be able to vent our frustrations or we would explode. I think that is okay as long as we don't dwell on it. :o) I need a lot of work on this one.

    ReplyDelete