Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Murmuring

I have restarted the Book of Mormon CDs in my car to and fro work. I love that respite from the world as I drive. I am in the section of 1st Nephi where Nephi's brothers are murmuring. His mother murmurs when they are sent back for the plates. The family of Ishmael murmur when he dies. I stopped to think about all of the murmuring. What a lesson for us as Nephi admonishes them to stop murmuring and to think of the blessings from Heavenly Father. Now some of that murmuring is natural. Family member dies, they have to leave all of their worldly possessions to live, give birth, and eat uncooked meat in the wilderness, a mother concerned for the safety of her children. It just hit me really hard that the murmuring they did was "normal". Yet they are admonished to remember the Lord. Now how humbling is that as I murmur. Just replace the word murmur with complain and there you have it. I am going to work really hard on not murmuring going forward. I know my son is safe. My husband is alive. We are both relatively healthly. We have a home, things, food, clothing, shelter, safety, a yarden to keep us busy and give us some of our food, grocery stores to help with the rest, jobs to provide the money, and the gospel of Jesus Christ to give us faith and hope. There is really no room for murmuring or complaint. All is Well!

No comments:

Post a Comment