Sunday, July 5, 2009

The prophet garden

Our prophet garden is small this year but we are having some fun with it. I finally planted my beans and the plants are about as big as skinny sis's actual beans are. 3 inches tall. A friend gave me some crooknecked squash plants and we cut some of the fruit and dipped it in pancake batter and then deep fried it. YUMMO!!! I have never had squash taste so good. Talk about turning something healthy into something delightfully bad for you.

Little Joe is in our garden and jumped out of the strawbery plant the other day when I was watering and scared me half to death. He is about 1 inch long. I haven't seen him since then. Hope I didn't scare him away.

Our aloe vera plants are doing well too. I need to take the babies off of one of the mother plants this week. They get big really fast.

That is all we have going right now. It is fun to play in the dirt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment