Saturday, May 7, 2011

What is in a DAY!

So I was pondering the other day and the phrase "we are all given the same amount of minutes in a day" came into my head. This phrase has brought much angst to me on this mortal journey accompanied by guilt. Then it hit me. Yes, we all have equal time given to us in any given day. Every person on earth gets the same 24 hours with its accompanying minutes and seconds, etc. HOWEVER, the tasks assigned to each of us to use these days are very very unique and different. Let me explain....

To a nursing mother, the exhaustion and fatigue cannot be equalized to a working woman's desire to get one more load of laundry done cannot be equalized to the retired woman who wishes there were less aches to hinder the smallest activity to the mother with a child that has extra special needs, etc etc etc.

We are not equal and the measure of our lives I am learning is not in the day, minute, or second but how we meet our unique and diverse struggles. We must lean and trust on the Savior to get us through and do our very best each and every day. Today will be different from yesterday which will be different from our tomorrow. Just try a little harder to be a little better as President Hinckley is quoted as saying.

But...if you have the flu, the little better may just mean that you allow your body the rest it requires to recover.

That is better for you in this moment!

TODAY!

1 comment:

  1. thansk i like that, I know exactly w what my struggle is w and its an on going battle but w the savior he gives me strength i need! But also w patience and faith also!

    ReplyDelete