Monday, December 12, 2011

Wonderful and Delightful Weekend

This weekend was fabulous! Friday night was the Christmas party at church. My sweetheart and I sat with some friends to enjoy a wonderful dinner. Then a dear sister that my sweetheart adores sat with him while I lead some congregational hymns and her husband took ward pictures. We had a clogger, several piano solos and duets, flutes, and Christmas hymns sung in French and Spanish. Very delightful evening!

Saturday led us to Walmart for shopping and then homeward to make some apple butter using the new tools my dear sister sent to me. What a difference any project is with the correct tools. I did not get burnt this time doing canning and it was wonderful. Plus the home smelled of cinnamon and cloves just in time for the missionaries to drop by with the empty jar from my last canning project. They put our candy canes on the tree and then went off to visit another family in our neighborhood. They will get a homemade loaf of bread and some apple butter next Sunday.

Sunday was a delightful day and in the evening as things were quieting down, the doorbell rang. We were caroled by the Cubscouts and their families. They left us some goodies and it just made the heart warm with the Christmas spirit. I finished watching "The Polar Express" and it was time to "settle in for a warm winter's nap".

No comments:

Post a Comment