Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Choosing to be Happy

One of our lessons recently in Relief Society was on "Choosing" to be happy. Part of the lesson was remembering who(se) we are. I shared with the class the following observation I made when I was weeding the Saturday before the lesson occurred. I was in my yarden doing some "deep" weeding. That is the kind where you have to get on your hands and knees in some areas. I was weeding around the bouganvillea in it's container on the patio. I noticed a little weed growing in a little tiny bit of dirt at the edge of the bottom of the container. This little weed was trying so hard to grow and fulfill what it was supposed to do in the limited area it had to do it. I have also seen weeds and small flowers growing up in a crack in the sidewalk and this was like that. I almost felt guilty pulling this little weed (but I did anyway :-)). I am not a weed but I am a divine daughter of my Heavenly Father. He has given me a path to follow and a way to do all that He requires of me. Sometimes I feel limited and don't feel like I am worthy or WHATEVER. I need to and must realize who I am and waht I need to do to fulfill my divine potential. If I reach to Heavenly Father in prayer, He will give me exactly what I need to fulfill His plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment